11.22.2021

Monday Meditations : 11/22/21

   
With the yearly food abundance ritual approaching this week, we are heavily immersed in as many Turkey Day-centric films as humanly possible. Even the briefest of presences of said meal, constitutes a viewing. To me, this embodies the holiday; a reason for a themed film festival, coupled with my second favorite thing: gluttony. I tell that inner voice inside, the one that nags me out of growing an extra thigh and ass size, to take its own holiday. And then, I just keep forcing it in. But I never worry. It all comes out in the end. And that, my friends, is truly something to be grateful for. So cheers to you all on this mighty occasion. May you eat plenty and have merriment galore. And please, go watch some movies. Preferably with some gravy and mashed potatoes. 

- Babes


1. "Fumblin' With the Blues" by Tom Waits

2. "The Carny" by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds

3. "We Are the Dead" by David Bowie

4. "So Long, Marianne" by Leonard Cohen

5. "Songbirg" by Fleetwood Mac

6. "Memo From Turner" by Mick Jagger

7. "If I Only Had the Words (to Tell You)" by Billy Joel

8. "Autumn Almanac" by The Kinks

9. "He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother" by The Hollies

10. "Call Me Back Again" by Wings


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails