6.07.2021

Monday Meditations : 6/7/2021


We're going to a Con in August and I feel like I can breathe again. I close my eyes and I'm there already. I can smell it. We'll spend hours dragging our son up and down aisles of horror-related shit over and over again, agonizing over purchases, until he's screaming and our feet are falling off. Then we'll retire conveniently up the elevator, to our swank hotel room, and stare out our 15th floor window. After he's asleep in his big bed, we'll surround our newly-acquired fortune, drooling, panting, sweat beading on our foreheads, as we dive into our gold for the day. As we drift off to sleep for the night to the tranquil sounds of adults play-screaming and the hoots and the hollers, we will be filled with fullness knowing that when we wake up tomorrow, there will be another whole day of this. This is the life. 

- Babes


1. "I'm Your Boogie Man" by KC & the Sunshine Band

2. "Kozmic Blues" by Janis Joplin

3. "Rock n Roll Nigger (live)" by Patti Smith & Patti Smith Group*

4. "48 Crash" by Suzi Quatro

5.  "Dancer" by Queen

6. "Your Yellow Pyjama" by Riz Ortolani, Amanda Lear

7. "Shoplifting" by The Slits

8. "Message From the Country" by The Move

9. "Let the Good Times Roll" by The Cars

10. "Honey, Honey" by ABBA


*This song is particularly best listened to live

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails