7.11.2020

Summer Playlist

There's a quote that is often (but not always) attributed to Frank Zappa: "Writing about music is like dancing about architecture." It's funny because it's true, and it's true because it's kinda true; the analogy sums up why we don't talk about music as much as we could on the site. And we really could - it's fun and cathartic and all those other reasons why we write about whatever. But at the end of the day, no amount of flowery prose can adequately describe an abstraction like Music -- and it really only works best when the reader is already familiar with the subject of the writing (which is only sometimes the case).

There - now that I've adequately taken the piss out of the quote and explained away the joy of it, let's get to my end of the deal. As far back as I can remember, I've had an ever-expanding go-to set of songs for this - the sexiest time of year - and while the additions have accumulated and the omissions are put away for safekeeping, my main jams have been the consistent soundtrack of my happiest times. Those songs + wherever I'm at now make up this list that I've decided to share. No fancy write-up or VH1 history lesson; just a plain old list (in video form) of what I listen to when the listenin's good.

Seek 'em out, dig 'em up, join in the fun in the sun -- I wouldn't steer you wrong! As a playlist, it's coast-to-coast cotton candy laser beams and string bikini Super Soakers, but more than that, this is the most subjective compilation of Me that I can disclose to anyone who cares. I'm whizzin' with the door open, and I love it!

- Paul


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails