Heavy cross to carry into tomorrow
I clench my fists and bite the bullet
I think of spit and I'm cold with sorrow
Greater guts have spilled for less
A better time was had by all
Our mishmash of emotions were always aligned
The chicken, the duck, and the walrus was Paul
The expiration for explanation was long ago
The time to grieve is now
This is all for nothing and nobody knows
Why any of this happened or how
Remorse will gnaw and scratch and kick and slap
But not because of what was done
I will ache and obsess and yearn for the chance
I will fight the hunger until there is none
It boils and bubbles and toils and troubles
And tastes like a waiting room ashtray
They say it is better to have loved and lost
But I think that's just something they say
- P

No comments:
Post a Comment