5.10.2021

Monday Meditations : 5/10/2021


 I had a fever recently. I was walking down a long, brightly-red-painted corridor when skinny ivory trees erupted from the ground. I grabbed a branch and was lifted up at a rapid speed. I told them it was too fast and my ride came to a screeching halt.

Fortunately, my friend Lena Dunham was on the elevator with me and guided me off. I thought it was a bit strange that she took my hand. "There must be a way off before the waterfall."

The canoe was going faster and spinning out of control. I feared we were gonna capsize. I reached up and grabbed a branch. Lena watched me with horror fixated on her face, as the water pulled her away.

I crawled up the branch toward the tiny black hole in the sky. I had to pull myself in and wedge myself across the floor. I looked down and distantly saw the rapids. Darkness and silence surrounded me. The circle of light began to shrink until it became a tiny nub. I pressed the button.

- Babes


1. "What More Can I Do?" by The Zombies

2. "The Warmth of the Sun" by The Beach Boys

3. "For Your Love" by The Yardbirds

4. "Crying" by Roy Orbison

5. "Mony Mony" by Tommy James and The Shondells

6. "Dirty Water" by The Standells

7. "Jane" by Jefferson Starship

8. "Maybe Tomorrow" by The Iveys

9. "Epitaph" by King Crimson

10. "I Can't Explain" by The Who


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails