8.02.2021

Monday Meditations : 8/2/21


It's been said before by highly praised filmmakers and critics, that film is dead; a dead medium, art form, and way of entertainment. But I held onto it. Held on for dear life. Film is more than any of those things. At least for me. It's my reason for existence aside from Wife and Mother. And without it, well then, I'm just a troll. But something happened to me recently. I was watching the first segment of the Fear Street Saga on Netflix. First, I was grateful that my internet pulled through, and there were no interruptions during the feature. Then I thought about how it was Direct-to-TV. Made for TV. A "TV Movie." Just like a recent Martin Scorsese movie. And now I can finally articulate my beef with Cinema. Film has become TV. And TV has always sucked, spare a few beautiful exceptions. Please stop. We're going the wrong way. And I'm sorry, but this means film is almost dead. And that means I'm almost dead inside.

- Babes


1. "Love My Way" by The Psychedelic Furs

2.  "It Ain't What You Do (It's the way that you do it)" By Fun Boy Three Ft. Bananarama

3. "Julia's Song" by Orchestral Manoeuvres In the Dark

4. "The Killing Jar" by Siouxsie and the Banshees

5. "Fire Woman" by The Cult

6. "Are 'Friends' Electric?" by Gary Numan and Tubeway Army

7. "Broken Wings" by Mr. Mister

8. "The Law" by Leonard Cohen

9. "The Message" by Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five

10. "Never Tear Us Apart" by INXS


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails