6.28.2021

Monday Meditations : 6/28/21


 I was at a camp ground a 1/4 mile from Hampton Beach, NH, when I found out that Jerry Garcia had died. Christina, my best friend at the time, her Mom, and her slightly older brother were with me. Her Mom was a huge fan and cried. A lot. I only knew him from the video for "Touch of Grey." Other campers nearby came over and talked about following the band around the country. One guy had a huge skull tattoo. He said it was their logo. One chick went and got her CD player and played their music. We made s'mores, the first ones I ever had, and ate hot dogs right off of the stick like a goddamn hobo. At the end of that night, after everyone had gone to bed, Christina and I sat near the dying fire. She was my movie buddy. She kissed me. Nothing had ever been so confusing and amazing in my life. Jerry Garcia's death turned out to be one of the most memorable days of my life. And an amazing end of summer with a pretty girl that I'll never forget. 

- Babes


1. "Boombastic" by Shaggy

2. "Basket Case" by Green Day

3. "One of Us" by Joan Osborne

4. "December" by Collective Soul

5. "Fake Plastic Trees" by Radiohead

6. "More Human Than Human" by White Zombie

7. "Closer" by Nine Inch Nails

8. "You Oughta Know" by Alanis Morissette

9. "Lump" by The Presidents of the United States of America

10. "Touch of Gray" by Grateful Dead


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails